Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Build your own clean power source

I’ve always wanted to put up my own mini wind turbines at home and generate enough power to light my home and power my television sets. Getting it to power the air-conditioning and refrigeration units may be a distant dream but I will not stop until I’ve attained that. I also want to be able to convert my car into a hybrid because buying a Hybrid vehicle is not yet economical. Based on my calculations, the gas savings generated by using a hybrid vehicle (in this country) is nowhere close to offsetting the buying costs. In this country, a Toyota Prius still sells very expensively.

In the news today, Google invested $168 Million for a solar power plant that will produce enough electricity to power 85,000 homes per year. Wow! I hope that its next project will be the development of mini turbines and solar cell roofing and wall claddings that will power individual homes. That will be the best.

Reference: Google's Solar Power Project

2 comments:

  1. our family's dream home is just like that either wind or a solar powered home. have you seen the docu movie by Leonardo di Caprio 11th Hour? They have amazing solutions and great green designs that I want to apply in our home. :) but yeah.. it's not yet economical... kaya maghanap talaga ng maraming sources of income to get that green home. :)

    i hate that Aboitiz wants to set up a coal plant here in Davao. instead of wind or solar... they say that its too expensive.. and im guessing itd take some time for their ROI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't. I will search for it and watch. Thanks!

    We should do something about the environment. The rains are getting worse and the sun's heat is getting hotter by the day.

    ReplyDelete