Saturday, March 6, 2010

Palusot

Don't you just hate it, when a client who's behind in payments, try to blame your company for their failure to pay you on time?

I got a call from one today. Very politely, I listened to her rants against my collections department - how they failed to send billings, time and time again, blah, blah, blah! My, she was very abrasive.

I did not get to where I am, by being stupid all the time. But rather, I got here because I read things right, most of the time. I already deciphered the message that they are short on money at this time. A lot of companies experience temporary crunch, when expected inflows (collections) do not come on time and suppliers already need to get paid. Things like this are temporary for most big companies. This client, instead of handling things the right way, resorted to back stabbing my employees.

I called the concerned people in my company and they showed me documents, duly received by the client. My people were not lacking in this instance, as I suspected from the beginning.

That client showed how they can be bad during bad times and that's so sad.

2 comments:

  1. I rely a lot on my bills to remind me of my responsibilities. If I don't get my bill on time or if I don't get it at all, I will forget to pay. Call me a scatterbrain but that's how I operate.

    I think the bill is a part of the service all service providers give (as part of their service). I always mention this when I call customer support. There was one time customer support found a record that showed someone named Mary Ann (my maid daw) supposedly received my bill on my behalf. I don't have a maid and there is no one here by that name. There was another time the security guard daw accepted my bill. Duh?

    Times are hard but I try meet my obligations. It's just annoying when I don't get my bills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my case, our billing was received by three layers of people in their organization. It was even sent back to us twice for clarification and reconciliation with my boys. Again, it was rewritten, sent back to the client, and duly received by three people in different departments.

    They simply didn't have money to pay me. That was the long and short of it. And besides, our volume of transactions is not something that people forget about. If I can only show my products in this blog, the whole world will understand.

    ReplyDelete